Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2 non-traditional dj and production aplications


First up we have the Traxxpad (which I own)...I actually have used this a lot and had the psp sitting next to my turntables. The only problem is that my son decided to leave my psp sitting on a counter at the mall...but thats another story all together. The traxxpad took some time to get used, but once I got a feel for it I used it all the time. My only issue with the Traxxpad is the work around you have to perform to get samples into the application, and there are no effects. If they could come up with a way to do that, via a psp update then it would get a 10 out of ten rating.
Next up we have the MixMeister Scratch, I don't own a iphone/Ipod touch as of yet, but as soon as I get one (July 11th) I will give my review. Of course I know it isn't going to be essential to have with your traditional setup. But I can't lie, I am a sucker for technology such as this. Click on either picture to navigate to their respective websites.

No comments: